You have already applied for a study place? Please send your specific enquiry to bewerbung.bachelor(at)

Specific contact persons can be found on the Student Services pages.

For all application options and deadlines for the next semester, please refer to our online application portal


Application Deadlines

Please note that the following deadlines are cut-off deadlines.

Application deadlines for degree programmes with restricted admission
02 May to 15 July (winter semester)
01 December to 15 January (summer semester)

Submission deadlines for certificates:
27 July (winter semester) This only applies to certificates issued after 15 July. Provisional certificates cannot be accepted.

Submission deadlines for grade certificates:
15 August (winter semester)
01 March (summer semester)

Application deadlines for open-admission programmes
Applications for degree programmes with open admission are generally accepted from
02 May to 15 September (winter semester)
01 December to 01 March (summer semester)

For deviating deadlines, please refer to the online application portal!

Documents to be submitted

All required documents are to be uploaded exclusively online in the application portal. Which documents are required will be displayed individually in the application portal. In individual cases, we reserve the right to request original documents.

For all applications, please submit

  • University entrance qualification (e.g. Abitur certificate)
  • Identity card
  • Curriculum vitae
  • VPD and, if applicable, language certificates (only for foreign applications)
    For enrolment, we require proof of electronic health insurance, a passport photo for the CampusCard and the student union fee.

Please note that the list of documents mentioned is not exhaustive. The documents to be submitted depend on your type of university admission as well as other application and admission requirements.


Health insurance

Important: Enrolment is not possible without notification of the insurance status of your health insurance company. The notification of the health insurance company is done digitally.
If you have statutory health insurance, we require:

  • an electronic notification from your health insurance company about your insurance status.
  • Please inform your health insurance company that you would like to enroll at Ansbach University of Applied Sciences.

If you are not covered by a statutory health insurance, we need:

  • an electronic notification from a statutory health insurance company
  • Please notify a statutory health insurance company of your choice to send the information about your insurance status ("exempt from insurance, exempt from compulsory insurance or not compulsory insurance") to Ansbach University of Applied Sciences.

The documents will be sent to us directly by the health insurance company.

Applicants who come from a member state of the EU/EEA must also register with their health insurance company and inform them there. Foreign applicants from non-EU member states must register with a German health insurance fund, take out insurance there and inform the health insurance fund that they wish to study at Ansbach University of Applied Sciences.

The above-mentioned notification must also be made if you have been de-registered from Ansbach University of Applied Sciences and re-register for the next semester, e.g. in a different course of study.

You can find the information sheet on health insurance here (german).

The answers to the most frequently asked questions can be found HERE.

Study without A-Levels

You can also study without a school-based higher education entrance qualification (e.g. Abitur). General university access means that you can apply for all degree programmes. Subject-related university admission means that you can apply to degree programmes that are subject-related to your education and professional practice.

Requirements for general university admission:

  • Certificate of e.g.
    o a passed master craftsman's examination or an equivalent further vocational training examination according to BBiG or HwO (e.g. Fachwirte)
    o a degree from a state-recognised technical college (e.g. technician) or technical academy (e.g. nursery school teacher)
    o passing the examination as an administrative specialist or the Fachprüfung II at the Bayerische Verwaltungsschule (Bavarian School of Administration).
  • Counselling interview at the General Student Counselling Office within the application deadline.

Requirements for subject-linked university admission:

  • Completion of at least two years of vocational training in a field related to the intended degree programme;
  • Subsequent full-time professional experience of at least three years in a field related to the intended degree programme and
  • Counselling interview at the General Student Counselling Office within the application deadline.
  • Successful completion of a two-semester trial course (at least 21 ECTS).

Would you like to make an appointment for a counselling interview? Please contact us: General Student Counselling

Further information can be found here:

Foreign students

Foreign educational certificates

If you have acquired a foreign higher education entrance qualification (e.g. certificates, diplomas), you must have it recognised. The assessment - Vorprüfungsdokumentation (VPD) - is carried out for us by uni-assist e.V. The VPD does not replace an application to the university.

The VPD ist possible all year around. Please note that uni-assist e.V. usually needs 4-6 weeks to process your documents - therefore, please submit your documents early.


Procedure Certificate Examination (VPD) by uni-assist e.V.

  • Please submit your foreign school leaving certificate or educational qualification digitally to uni-assist e.V. for evaluation (original certificate and an officially certified German or English translation).
  • You can find information on the VPD procedure here: plan your application
  • A fee is due for the processing by uni-assist e.V., which you must transfer directly to uni-assist e.V.
  • Please submit the VPD with your transcripts as part of your application.

The university decides whether your certificate of education entitles you to study the desired degree programme or whether you have to take an assessment test.

If you are interested, you can check for yourself without obligation whether your degree entitles you to study in Germany or Bavaria: or check: university admission


Proof of German language skills

Applicants whose educational certificates allow direct access to higher education must prove that they have passed a German language examination in order to be immaticulated (German-language degree programmes).

Only the following German examinations are recognised:

  • German Language Diploma of the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs of the Länder - Second Level -.
  • German Language Examination for University Admission for Foreign Study Applicants (DSH) with a result at level DSH1 (B2)
  • Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache für ausländische Studienbewerber*innen (TestDaF) (German as a Foreign Language for Foreign Study Applicants) with a result that shows TestDaF level 3 in all four sub-tests.
  • The certificate of the examination to determine the suitability of foreign applicants to study at universities in the Federal Republic of Germany (Feststellungsprüfung).
  • Proof of German language skills which have been recognised by bilateral agreements or other agreements made by the KMK or HRK as sufficient proof of language skills for admission to a higher education programme
  • The Großes or Kleines Deutsches Sprachdiplom as well as the certificate of the Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung (ZOP) of the Goethe-Institut or the Goethe-Zertifikat of the Goethe-Institut with a result of level B2
  • The "Deutsche Sprachprüfung II" (German Language Examination II) of the Sprachen-und Dolmetscherinstitut München (Munich Language and Interpreting Institute)
  • Certificates of having passed the "telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule" examination
  • ÖSD Zertifikat C1

Proof of having passed the German language examination must be uploaded as part of the application. Please refer to the online application portal for the deadlines.

There are different requirements for foreign language degree programmes.

University admission via Feststellungsprüfung

If applicable, you will have to take the examination to determine the suitability of foreign applicants to study at universities in the Federal Republic of Germany before you start your studies.

Preparation for the assessment test is carried out on

Studienkolleg bei den Hochschulen
des Freistaates Bayern
Friedrich-Streib-Straße 2
96450 Coburg

Tel: 09561 4270610

We will let you know whether you need to attend the Studienkolleg after we have checked your application documents.

After passing the assessment test, admission at a Bavarian university of applied sciences is possible. However, it depends on the result of the selection procedure.

APS Certificate

Applicants from the People's Republic of China (APS China), Vietnam (APS Vietnam) and India (APS India) need an APS certificate. It must be submitted to the university during the application procedure.

Application for higher semesters

In the open-admission degree programmes, places are available in all higher semesters that are open for applications. For the winter semester, places are therefore generally available in the 3rd, 5th and 7th semesters, and in the 2nd, 4th and 6th semesters for the summer semester.

For degree programmes with restricted admission, the number of study places depends on capacity.

For all application options for the coming semester, please refer to our online application portal.

You can only apply for a higher semester if you have already studied in another degree programme or at another university and have examination credits (ECTS points) for the desired degree programme.


Admission to a higher semester is only possible in all Bachelor's degree programmes offered at the university if

  • study places have been returned or have become free for other reasons (free capacities);
  • there is a corresponding offer for the semester applied for;
  • the study and examination achievements to date can be recognised to the extent that the ECTS achieved thereby are no more than 20 points below the point limit normally achievable for the semester applied for (30 ECTS per semester).

The number of recognised ECTS must therefore be available in the following amount for the respective semester:

  • 2nd semester: at least 21 ECTS
  • 3rd semester: at least 40 ECTS
  • 4th semester: at least 70 ECTS
  • 5th semester: at least 100 ECTS
  • 6th semester: at least 130 ECTS
  • 7th semester: at least 160 ECTS

You apply for the 3rd semester. You are recognised for 50 ECTS –> Admission is possible!

The recognition of examination achievements with the associated ECTS is carried out according to the current study and examination regulations of the Ansbach University of Applied Sciences for the corresponding degree programme.


Documents to be submitted

Please submit the following documents by the deadline as part of the online application:

  • Your university entrance qualification (e.g. certificate of general qualification for university entrance)
  • Study and examination regulations for your current degree programme
  • Excerpt from the module description for the examination performance.
  • The module handbooks of Ansbach University of Applied Sciences are available on the pages of the respective degree programme.
  • (Please compare the module descriptions before submitting your application).
  • Exmatriculation certificate
  • Application for crediting of competences
    Crediting of competences (learning objectives) means that, on application and under certain conditions, examination results already achieved in the higher education sector, but also outside the higher education sector, can be credited towards partial module examinations. You can find further information on the crediting of competences under Audits.
  • Current grade confirmation
    If you are still taking examinations in the semester before applying for a higher semester in degree programmes with restricted admission, you can submit an updated grade confirmation by:
    - 1 March for the summer semester
    - 15 August for the winter semester




Contact for questions

  • If you have any questions about the content of your degree programme, please contact the relevant student advisory service first.
  • If you have any questions regarding credit transfer, please contact the Student Services.


Application for cooperative study opportunities

You can find information on cooperative study opportunities here


Basic internship

The following applies to the departmental journalism degree programme: At the beginning of the degree programme, you must complete an internship or several internships in the editorial department of a current mass medium (in particular daily newspaper, radio, TV, online/cross-media, PR/public relations) of at least four weeks in total. The internship can be made up in the first two semesters. However, we recommend that you complete it before beginning your studies.

In the Industrial Engineering degree programme, a basic internship totalling 8 weeks must be completed within the first two years of study. Comparable work completed prior to the degree programme can be recognised upon application. The application can only be submitted after matriculation.

You can find an information sheet on the basic internship in the Industrial Engineering and Management degree programme here (German).


You can find the answers to the most frequently asked questions HERE (german).