Information on everything you need to know about your studies

Here you will find detailed information on selected topics.

Please also refer to the pages of the Student Services.


What does "feedback" mean?
Feedback means registration for further studies. A new re-registration must be made for each semester and a SEPA mandate for the debit of the student union fee must be confirmed; otherwise, you will be de-registered at the end of the semester.

What is the student union fee?
Currently 42,- Euro have to be paid (02/2019). From the winter semester 2020/21, 52 € are to be paid.

Period of re-registration:
see schedule of the respective semester
→ Login to the HRZ portal (e.g. via "Login" on the homepage)
→ Menu Item "Study"
→ Study matters
→ Feedback
→ Confirmation of the SEPA mandate for the direct debit of the student union fee or, if applicable, new creation/change via "SEPA Mandate Administration".
→ Check "I want to report back."
→ Click on the "Feedback" button.
⇒ The message "You have reported back" appears.

Who has to confirm?
Every student has to re-register if he/she wants to stay enrolled. The re-registration must also be made if the semester in question is a practical semester or if it is a vacation semester. You must also be enrolled and thus re-registered in the period between the submission of your thesis and the determination of your degree.
If it is still unclear in the re-registration period whether ex-matriculation will take place ex officio before the beginning of the semester (e.g. completion of studies, ex-matriculation under examination law), please re-register as a precaution. If you then do not have to pay any fees, any overpayments will automatically be refunded. Please do not arrange for a return debit to be made to your bank. As a rule, the bank charges fees for this, which are then borne by you.

What is the connection between re-registration and health insurance?
Re-registration for the next semester must be refused if there is no proof of health insurance. Therefore, please note that if you change your health insurance provider, you must present a certificate of the new health insurance company.  

If the fee is not required (e.g. due to ex-matriculation before the start of the semester) and the Studentenwerk fee has already been deducted, it will automatically be refunded to the direct debit account after the start of the semester. Please do not arrange for a return debit to be made to your bank. As a rule, the bank will charge fees, which are then borne by you.

If you have any further questions, you can contact rueckmeldung(at) by e-mail.


Health insurance

If there are any changes to your health insurance, you must inform the student service immediately. Otherwise you may not be able to re-register or continue your studies.


Statutory accident insurance protection

Information is available at


Liability insurance

Liability for damages

Ansbach University of Applied Sciences accepts no liability for students, guest students or diploma students for any damage caused. For damages to the property of the university caused by this group of persons (particularly also in laboratories, television studios, sound studios etc.), the person causing the damage must pay the university damages.

An automatic liability insurance does not exist!

Students are therefore strongly advised to take out private liability insurance. Usually students may be covered via their parents’  insurance. In the case of laboratory activities, etc., it may be necessary to clarify with the private liability insurance company whether it covers damage, for example, in the laboratory, television studio, recording studio and, if applicable, damage to borrowed items. Otherwise a special liability insurance should be taken out.

An insurance certificate must also be submitted again if you have been ex-matriculated by Ansbach University of Applied Sciences and are re-enrolling for the next semester, e.g. in another course of study.

International Student Identity Card

The Studentenwerk Erlangen-Nürnberg is responsible for issuing an international student ID card for students at Ansbach University.

Further information can be found here (German).

Leave of Absence

The procedures governing Leave of Absence are set out in the statutes on matriculation, re-registration and ex-matriculation.

If wish to be exempted from study during an extended period due to special circumstances (leave of absence), you must apply in due form and time.

Form of the application:
The application for leave of absence must be submitted online in myPRIMUSS. The application must state the reason for the leave of absence in accordance with section 4. If necessary, the application must be accompanied by relevant evidence; Ansbach University of Applied Sciences can request such evidence if necessary.

for leave of absence must be submitted no later than one month after the beginning of the semester; if the reason for leave of absence occurs after this date and was not foreseeable, the application can be submitted by 25 January for the winter semester or by 10 July for the summer semester. It is only possible to apply for leave of absence for one semester. Retrospective leave of absence for already completed semesters will not granted.

The application for leave of absence must be approved if there are important reasons that either hinder study or make it unlikely that a course will be completed by a given deadline. Grounds for leave of absence include

  • circumstances related to maternity which entitle a student to protection periods in accordance with the Act on the Protection of the Working Mother (Maternity Protection Act) or to parental leave or to care-givers’ leave for a close relative (Nursing Period Act),
  • a medical certificate (possibly from an official doctor) certifying that the student cannot study properly in the semester in question due to illness,
  • the student is studying at a university abroad,
  • the student has completed a voluntary internship,
  • the student is performing a voluntary service.

Economic reasons are generally not accepted.

As a rule, students are granted leave of absence for a maximum of two semesters. Exceptions are periods of maternity leave, nursing leave and parental leave.

Please note that during a leave of absence

  • no academic studies and examinations can be undertaken at the university at which the leave of absence was granted,
  • Requests for extension of the repetition period must be submitted separately from the request for leave of absence.
  • Within the framework of the maternity protection period and parental leave it may be possible to complete academic studies or take examinations

BAföG recipients and other scholarship holders should contact Student Services (Studentenwerk) or the respective scholarship provider in advance. Students who are still receiving child benefit should seek advice from the child benefit fund before submitting their application for leave of absence.  

Foreign students who are not nationals of member states of the European Union should discuss the legal consequences with the Foreigners Registration Office responsible prior to applying for a leave of absence.

If you have any questions, please contact your contact person at the Student Services.

Change of name or address

If your address has changed, please update it immediately in the intranet/account/data adaptation. A written notification to the Student Services is not necessary.

If your name or nationality has changed, you must submit an official document.

  • If you are attending the student service in person, you must present the original document together with the form.
  • If you report the change in writing using the form provided, you must enclose a certified copy of the original document.

-> Click here to go to the form (German). <-

The student service will make amendments in the system.

Higher semesters

Information on applying for a higher semester can be found here.


Unfortunately, the BAföG consultation on 09.12.2020 cannot take place in the presence. You will receive information on this by e-mail.

The next consultation date will be announced here.


The Studentenwerk Erlangen-Nürnberg (office Erlangen) is responsible for the Ansbach University of Applied Sciences.

Information on BAföG can be found here: Studentenwerk Erlangen-Nürnberg.

All forms and general information can also be found on the website of the Federal Ministry of Education and the Arts.

Proof of performance

From the 5th semester onwards, educational support is only provided from the time when the student submits a certificate from the university (Form 5: Leistungsbescheinigung nach § 48 BAföG). This can only be issued by the Student Service after the grades from the 4th semester have been received. This certifies that the student has performed the usual services by the end of the respective semester if the course of study is in order.

The form 5: Leistungsbescheinigung nach § 48 BAföG is available in paper form from the Student Service or online from the Studentenwerk.

You should enter the header data and your grant number and submit the completed form to the Student Service, post it through the letterbox or send it by post.

Once the certificate has been processed by the Student Service, it will be sent directly to the Studentenwerk Erlangen-Nürnberg.

Your certificate of achievement will be assessed positively if you have achieved 100% of the examination results (30 ECTS points per semester), i.e. 120 ECTS points after 4 semesters.

Deviating from this, your certificate will also be assessed positively if you have achieved at least 85 ECTS points at the end of the fourth semester - this is the maximum lower limit.

If you need the certificate of achievement for a subject semester other than the end of the 4th semester, it can be issued positively if you have received it by the end of the 4th semester.

  • fifth semester at least 105 ECTS points
  • sixth semester at least 125 ECTS points

have been achieved.

If your performance certificate is assessed negatively, no BAföG will initially be paid, but you have the option of issuing a new performance certificate in accordance with § 48 BAföG.

Continued support can be assessed positively if you have completed your studies by the end of the

  • fifth semester at least 105 ECTS points
  • sixth semester at least 125 ECTS points

have been achieved.

BAföG Repayment

Important information on the repayment obligation and the BAföG partial waiver can be found here, for example:

Internetseiten des Bundesverwaltungsamtes

Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung

Loan Fund of Bayerische Studentenwerke e.V.

The Darlehenskasse der Bayerischen Studentenwerke e.V. grants long-term, low-interest loans to needy students to help them prepare for their exams (e.g. when BAföG benefits are no longer available) and to enable them to successfully complete their studies.


As soon as ex-matriculation is implemented, student status at the university is terminated.

The regulations governing ex-matriculation are set out in the BayHSchG, in the statutes on procedures for matriculation, re-registration and ex-matriculation and the APO.

Ex-matriculation on application:

Upon application, you can withdraw from your studies at the university at any time, even during the current semester.

The earliest an application for ex-matriculation at a future date can be implemented is that day on which the application is received by the university.

  • Exmatriculation must be applied for using a form. Please state the reason for exmatriculation.
  • Submit the application to the Student Service.
  • You may have to return your Campuscard or other documents.


Ex-matriculation ex officio:

Ex-matriculation is automatic, if, in particular, the following reasons apply:

  • The Payment of fees and contributions due upon re-registration is not proven
  • The health insurance certificate to be presented for re-registration is not submitted through your own fault.
  • A required examination is finally not passed.
  • Reasons that prevent a proper study programme (e.g. failure to achieve ECTS points limits; exceeding the maximum number of examination attempts - see also "All about examinations").
  • Misuse of matriculation or re-registration.
  • Other reasons which do not permit continued membership at the university (e.g. culpable of causing considerable damage to the university).


Support services in times of crisis

People have crises ...

If you need support, the following options are open to you:

Representative of Ansbach University for students with disabilities and chronic diseases 
Prof. Dr. Torsten Schmidt
Room: 51.1.5
phone +49 (0)981 4877-262

Psychological-Psychotherapeutic Counseling Center of the Studentenwerk Erlangen-Nuremberg at the Ansbach University of Applied Sciences

Psychologist Kristin Fues
room: 53.1.7
Telephone: +49 (0)981 4877-147 (reachable by phone on Friday 12:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m.)

This is where students can turn if they suffer from exam nerves, learning and performance difficulties, lack of drive, fears, suicidal thoughts, difficulties with friends, partners, parents, etc. or other stresses.

Appointments can be made by appointment or during the open consultation hours (on Friday 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.), currently only by telephone.

Office hours Ansbach:

  • On Friday from 8:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m. and 13:00 a.m.–16:30 p.m.
  • On Tuesday from 8:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. on the following days: 30.03. / 27.04. / 11.05. / 08.06. / 29.06. / 20.07. / 03.08.
    (The counselling centre will not be open from 05-09.04.2021 and from 31.05-04.06.2021).

Psychological-Psychotherapeutic Counseling Center-Studentenwerk Erlangen-Nuremberg

Ecumenical University Community at Ansbach University

Mr. Hermann Spingler (Ev)
Mr. Dr. Norbert Jung (RK)
Raum 53.1.7
Link to the website

Social Psychiatric Service of the Diakonie Ansbach

Counselling centre for mental health
Karolinenstrasse 29
91522 Ansbach, Germany
phone +49 (0)981 1444-0
Link to the website

Mon–Thu 9:00 a.m.–12:00 pm & 14:00 p.m.–16:30 p.m.
Fr 9:00–13:00 hrs

Psycho-social Counselling Services (PSB) of the Studentenwerk Erlangen-Nürnberg

social counselling
Samine Eschelbach
Hofmann Street 27, 2nd floor
91052 Erlangen
line 206
phone +49 (0)9131/8002-757
E-Mail: sozialberatung[at]

Opening hours: Tue, Wed, Thu: 08:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Open office hours: Mon: 14:30 p. m.–16:30 p.m.


General Social Outreach Clinic
Bahnhofsplatz 11
91522 Ansbach, Germany
phone +49 (0)981 97168-23
phone +49 (0)981 97168-15
Link to the website

Crisis Service Middle Franconia

Hessestraße 10
90443 Nuremberg, Germany
phone +49 (0)911 424855-0
Link to the website

Ansbach District Hospital

Clinic for Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics
Feuchtwanger road 38
91522 Ansbach, Germany
phone +49 (0)981 4653-0
Link to the website

Telephone counselling (anonymous and free of charge)

0800-1110111 or 0800-1110222

Contact point, advice and coaching for dropouts

Project of the Bavarian State Ministry for Labour and Social Affairs, Family and Integration

Contact person at the university:
Thomas Englhart
phone phone +49 (0)172 761 3006
Thu, 9:15 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Room 53.1.7

You can find further information centers on the pages of the General Student Advisory Service.


Contact point, advice and coaching for dropouts

Are you having doubts about your studies and are about to decide to stop studying? You can find contact points on the pages of the  General Student Advisory Service.

Of course, the General Student Advisory Service is also available for advice.


Project of the Bavarian State Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, Family and Integration

Contact person at the university:
Thomas Englhart

Thu, 9.15-12.00
in the room 53.1.7

Please make an appointment by mail or telephone


Pregnant student

Information on leave of absence can be found above.

If you are pregnant or breastfeeding during your studies, you should inform the university in accordance with § 15 Paragraph 1 MuSchG.

Please contact the Office for Family Affairs, Equal Opportunities and Diversity for notification and further information.

During the internship semester, the notification should also be made to the internship location as the employer within the meaning of the Maternity Protection Act. For data protection reasons, the notification to the internship office cannot be made by the university, but only by yourself.

After your notification of pregnancy or breastfeeding, the Ansbach University of Applied Sciences or your internship agency can take the specific protective measures that may be required for you, depending on the course of study.

All about examinations

Crediting of competences

Recognition of competences (learning objectives) means that, upon application and under certain conditions, examination achievements already attained in the higher education sector, but also outside the higher education sector, e.g. advanced training examinations of the IHK or HWK, can be credited to a module or a module  part examination.

Important note: Please note that according to the APO, applications must be submitted at the latest by the end of the semester for which you have enrolled (WS until 14.03. and SS until 30.09.).

This deadline applies exclusively to credits for competences acquired before matriculation in the current degree programme.

Before submitting your application, you should compare your previous examination achievements with the respective module description (LSF) for which you wish to apply for crediting. In the case of higher education institutions, this should be done on the basis of the module description; in the case of non-university institutions, it should be done on the basis of an official description of the content and scope.

If you have any questions regarding content, please first contact the relevant academic advisor for your degree programme. You will find the contact details on the relevant pages for your degree programme.

In the case of questions relating to examination law relating to credits, please contact the responsible person in the Student Service Office.

In particular, please make sure that you enclose the relevant documents as proof:

  • Original confirmation of grades
  • Module description from the facility at which the service was performed

Important note: A module or a module part examination which has already been recognised cannot be cancelled after the notification of creditingnotification is made via the online grading portal of the University of Applied Sciences Ansbach.


Additional modules (voluntary examinations)

Students can take voluntary examinations (additional modules) which do not have to be passed to qualify for a bachelor’s or master's degree.

After passing the examination, additional modules cannot be subsequently recognised as examination papers which count towards the passing of the bachelor’s or master's examination.

There is no entitlement to take an additional module that is part of the curriculum of a degree programme as a module or partial module.

Important note: If you would like to take an additional module and wish to sit an exam at the end of the module, the following steps must be observed:

  • Clarify with the professors or lecturers responsible for the courses to what extent capacities are available.
  • The application must be completed in full and in due time within the examination registration period (see schedule).
  • The application will be processed by the system no later than 2 weeks after the last day of the examination registration period. Until then, please refrain from further inquiries. Once the application has been booked, the student must create an updated PDF of the registered services and check it for accuracy.
  • Additional modules are not subject to the examination regulations, as these are provided voluntarily. If an examination in an additional module is not passed, it does not have to be repeated.
  • At the end of your studies you will receive a separate certificate for your additional modules.


Withdrawal from examinations / request for refusal of mark 5

In the event that you are unable to take an examination or have to cancel it, this will initially result in you being awarded grade 5.

You can apply for a non-rating of Grade 5 if there are reasons for which you are not responsible.

The submission of the certificate, possibly in conjunction with an official medical opinion, alone is not sufficient! In addition, you must apply for a non-rating of 5Please use the form provided by the Student Services! Please note that a form must be used for each individual module or module part examination.

The application and the evidence must be

  • immediately, but no later than one week after the end of the examination period
  • to the Student Services
  • in the originals

must be submitted.

Please note that a separate form must be used for each individual module or module part examination.


Withdrawal due to illness

Inability to be examined is a question of law

According to the established case law of the Federal Administrative Court, it is a question of law whether an employee is incapable of examination, i.e. the decision on this is not made by the doctor, as is the case with an employee, but by the competent examination authority. At Ansbach University of Applied Sciences, these decisions are made by the relevant examination boards. Legal basis: RaPO i.V.m. APO

Data protection is not infringed by this, since pursuant to Art. 18 BayDSG the transfer of personal data to other public bodies is permissible if it is necessary for the performance of the tasks within the competence of the receiving body.

Non-appearance on the day of the examination

  • If a student does not appear for an examination for health reasons, the illness must be substantiated immediately.
  • Due to their duty to cooperate, students are generally obliged to disclose their complaints in order to determine their inability to take an examination and, if necessary, to partially release the attending physician from the duty of confidentiality. This does not mean that the doctor must disclose the diagnosis as such, but the physical or psychological effects caused by the illness.
  • If you fall ill on the day of the examination and do not appear, the examination must always take place on the day of the examination. A certificate based on a later examination date - i.e. after the examination day - cannot be accepted.
  • If you are already ill before the examination day, the period certified by the doctor must include the examination day.
  • In the case of in-patient hospitalisation, a certificate is generally not required - in the case of recurrence (see below), no official medical opinion is required. In this case, please submit proof of inpatient treatment. Here, too, you must note that this certificate for a hospital stay before the examination includes the examination day.

Abortion of the examination during the examination performance

  • The same provisions apply to the cancellation of an examination due to illness during an examination which has already been started, as apply to the cancellation of an examination (non-appearance on the day of the examination) - also with regard to the possible necessity for an official medical opinion!
  • If the examination is abandoned, the examination supervisor must be handed the examination performance completed until the abandonment and must be informed that the examination is being abandoned for health reasons. This is the only way to ensure that an appropriate note is made in the examination protocol. Otherwise, the examination will be deemed to have been completed!
  • You must go to a doctor immediately - i.e. on the day of the examination;  and, if necessary, afterwards in addition to the official doctor. If you are unable to reach a family doctor, you must contact a doctor on call or a hospital.
  • The examination commissions can reject applications for refusal of the grade 5 for the reasons mentioned above, even if a certificate or an additional official medical opinion certifies an illness which has not necessarily led acutely to limited examination ability, i.e. an abortion of the examination.

Content requirements for a certificate

  • A certificate of incapacity for work ("yellow certificate") is not a certificate and is therefore not sufficient for a withdrawal due to illness!
  • Please use the certificate provided by the university.
  • The medical certificate must describe the illness-related and at the same time examination-relevant disorders (symptoms) so concretely and comprehensibly that the responsible examination commission can decide whether there was a considerable reduction in performance capacity and thus an actual inability to take the exam due to the proven illness on the examination day.
  • The physician is permitted to provide more detailed information on the type and extent of the diagnosed illness if the patient releases him or her from his duty of confidentiality - however, a diagnosis is not mandatory.  It is, however, necessary that the medical certificate states the circumstances which, from a medical point of view, prevent the candidate from undergoing the examination (e.g. necessary bed rest, infection, etc.).

See also "Non-appearance on examination day".

Withdrawal for other reasons

  • If students do not appear for an examination for other reasons, these must be reasons for which the students themselves are not responsible.
  • These reasons must be substantiated! An application without proof has no prospect of successful approval.  

Official medical opinion

If a student withdraws again from the same module examination due to illness, an official medical opinion must be submitted in addition to the medical certificate.

  • Please note that the presentation to the official doctor requires the submission of a certificate (e.g. from the family doctor) for the official medical report to be drawn up.
  • Please make an appointment with the health authorities in advance by telephone.
  • If you need to visit the official doctor in Ansbach, here are the contact details:

    Ansbach District Office
    health department
    Crailsheimerstr. 64
    91522 Ansbach, Germany

    Phone: 0981-468-7305
    FAX: 0981-468-7019
    E-mail: gesundheitsamt‎(at)‎


Final paper

It's time! You are about to successfully complete your studies and would like to start your final thesis or your bachelor's or master's thesis.

Please be sure to note the feedback (re-registration) information in the information sheet!

Business Administration

Please note that a decision has been made by the examination board for the Business Administration course. This decision stipulates

  • standardised cover sheet is required. (Please ask your supervisor)
  •  In addition to the printed copies, you must submit an electronic copy as a PDF on a digital data carrier (e.g. CD, USB stick).


Audit periods

The deadlines listed here refer to students in bachelor's and master's degree programmes.

First deadline for enrolment

If the standard period of study is exceeded by more than two semesters, all examinations that have not yet been taken are considered to be failed for the first time.

Basic and Orientation Examination(s)

These examination(s) are specified in the appendix to the respective study and examination regulations and must be taken for the first time by the end of the second semester at the latest.

Periods for repetition

Failed examinations must be repeated. Please note the following deadlines:

Deadline for the 1st repetition examination (second attempt) = 1 semester
Deadline for the 2nd repeat examination (third attempt) = 2 semesters

A 3rd test repeat (fourth test) is not possible.

Maximum number of repeat exams

  • You can take a maximum of three third exam attempts. This means that you may not pass a second examination attempt more than three times. Failure to pass a fourth second attempt will result in ex-matriculation.

Bachelor's/Master's thesis

A Bachelor's / Master's thesis can only be repeated once. The second attempt must be registered within 6 months after notification of failure.

Consequences of missed deadline

If you fail to comply with a deadline, you will be officially awarded the grade "insufficient" for the attempt in question. This means that further repetition periods are necessary. It can also lead to a final failure to pass an examination and thus to ex-matriculation.

Please note that the deadlines for taking repeat examinations are generally not suspended due to a leave of absence or ex-matriculation.

Extension of the repetition / first-subscription Query

If you are unable to meet a deadline for reasons for which you are not responsible, you may apply for an extension of the deadline.


ECTS points boundaries

  • Students who are enrolled in an undergraduate bachelor's programme with a standard period of study of seven semesters will be ex-matriculated if they, at the end of
  • 2. semester have achieved less than 21 ECTS points,
  • 3. semester have achieved less than 41 ECTS points,
  • 4. semester have achieved less than 66 ECTS points.

Application for suspension of ex-matriculation

If serious reasons arise in the semester in question which are not attributable to the student and participation in module examinations is not possible, e.g. withdrawal due to illness, an application for a suspension of ex-matriculation to the relevant examination board.


The complete application must be received by the Student Service no later than two weeks after the examination period.

Form (manner)

You should prepare an informal cover letter outlining the reasons for your application and, if necessary, provide supporting documents. As the original application must be signed, an e-mail is not suitable. The application will be submitted to the Student Service.

Examination registration and deregistration

Students of the Bachelor's and Master's programmes as well as of the continuing education programmes can register and deregister online for examinations within the registration and deregistration period (see timetable for the current semester on the homepage). In this context, you should definitely take note of the information under Withdrawal of examinations and Application for refusal of Grade 5!

Please be sure to note the periods of time shown in the schedule, which represent deadlines. Only in specially justified cases can an application for subsequent examination registration or examination deregistration be approved. Please also pay attention to the deadlines for filing an application (APO).

Online examination registration or deregistration is carried out via myPrimuss.

Important information:

  • There is no automatic registration for repeat exams!!!
  • At the end of the online registration and deregistration process, document your registered examinations (create PDF)!

If you have any questions, please contact the person in charge, who can be found at the bottom of the page for your degree programme under staff.

Organisational aspects of audits

Here you will find the university's public announcement on the Performance of examinations (German).

The colleagues of the Student Services provide the respective lists of participants for all courses of study, which simultaneously represent the room lists, in the IT Service Portal under the menu item Study, at the latest in the evening before each examination.

What's new?

The examination supervisors are required to ask all candidates present before the start of the examination whether they are fit for examination. This questioning and its result is to be documented in the minutes. The examination supervisors will also inform those present that with the signature on the seat and signature list, a written declaration of examination eligibility based on the included declaration is also being made.

What does this mean?

As all students should be aware, an examination is considered to have begun when the student enters the examination room and signs the so-called seating and signature list. For student research projects, the acceptance of the topic is regarded as the start of the examination!

If an examination is aborted for health reasons, the examination commission responsible for deciding on the application for a non-rating of 5 in conjunction with the certificate and any additional official medical reports, must determine the extent to which an acute health impairment has occurred, or the declaration of fitness for examination has led to the fact that candidate was aware of the health impairment in advance and therefore took the examination on the basis of his/her own assessment of his/her eligibility to take the exam.

For further information, see Withdrawal from examinations.

Why is the declaration of eligibility necessary?

The principle of equality must be observed, i.e. there must be no unequal treatment  in examination matters either. In this respect, certain circumstances should be excluded as a reason for preferential treatment and disadvantages for candidates.An unequal treatment would arise, for example, if someone were to gain an advantage by first starting the examination, taking note of the contents of the examination and then discontinuing the examination in order to take it up in the next examination period with more knowledge than the other candidates.

Notification and announcement of grades

All students are notified of their grades online via the PRIMUSS.

The non-binding online notification of grades takes place when the examiners enter the grades, subject to the grades being determined by the examination board responsible.

The examination results according to RaPO are usually determined at the end of the lecture-free period.

In the case of a failed examination, i.e. with the result "insufficient" or grade 5, you will not receive a written notice. You will find the corresponding information on legal appeals in myPRIMUSS.

Important note on repeat examinations:

There is no automatic registration for repeat examinations. You must re-register for these. Please note the respective repetition period according to RaPO.

Examination schedules and lists of participants

The examination period based on the semester schedule is announced to the whole university via the Internet

The public announcement of the place and time of the examinations, the appointed examiners and the approved resources and working materials is usually made online generally four weeks, but at the latest two weeks before the first day of the examination period according to the current examination schedule.

The examination schedules and lists of participants for the current examination period are published in the IT Service Portal under the menu item Study!

Please check the current status regularly!

Important note:
If you have registered the examination result of a module, especially languages, from another study programme, please refer to the examination plan of the respective study programme.

Please also note the information under Organisational aspects of examinations.

compensation for disadvantages

If you wish to claim compensation for disadvantages in examination performances, you must submit an informal application to the responsible examination board in good time - as a rule during the registration period for the examination performances.

The informal application

  • must be accompanied by a current, qualified, medical certificate showing the disadvantage.
  • A doctor's recommendation should be attached as to how the disadvantage can be offset.

The application should be submitted to the Student Service.

If a disadvantage occurs at short notice, please immediately contact the person in charge in Student Services.

Audit committee

The examination board is the superordinate examination body for all examination matters at Ansbach University of Applied Sciences.

  • According to § 3 of the Rahmenprüfungsordnung (RaPO), it is responsible for the following tasks in particular:
  • the determination and announcement of the examination period as well as dates by which the examination results must be available,
  • the decision on fundamental questions of admission to the examinations as well as in other examination matters of fundamental importance,
  • monitoring the correct application of the audit provisions,
  • handling appeals against examination decisions and deciding on appeals in examination matters; and
  • the decision on compensation for disadvantages.
  • The examination board is active across all study programmes and faculties and is superior to the examination boards.

The chairman of the examination board is Prof. Dr. Constantin May.

Board of examiners

The examination board, which is formed for each study programme, is the responsible examination body for the respective study programme.

In particular, the examination board is responsible for the following tasks:

  1. the determination and announcement of the dates for individual examination performances,
  2. the appointment of examiners, the assignment of students to examiners and the appointment of assessors for oral examinations,
  3. the determination and disclosure of the approved materials and equipment according to the proposal of the examiner entrusted with the task,
  4. the decision on the crediting of periods of study, academic and examination achievements and relevant, equivalent vocational or school training,
  5. the decision on the consequences of infringements of examination rules
  6. the decision on applications for extensions of time-limits for the completion of examination work
  7. the decision on the consequences of failure to appear for examinations, and
  8. the determination of the results of examination performances.

Project work (IBT)

You can download here the form for project work for the Industrial Biotechnology (IBT) course.

Practical study semester

Legal framework

The following legal conditions must be observed for the practical semester:

  • § 2 RaPO
  • Provisions on the completion of practical semesters of study
  • §§ 16 ff APO (See under Official Publications)

The Practice Officers (see below) are responsible for the formalities concerning the practical semester.

Documents for the practical semester for all study programmes

Please note that 3 copies of the training contracts (of which at least 1 original) and, if applicable, a registration form must be submitted to the Student Service. The documents can be handed in at the Campus Center during opening hours, thrown into the post box or sent by post.

  • Training contract -German- (PDF)
  • Trainee contract -English (PDF)
  • Entry form -German- (PDF)
  • Entry form -English (PDF)

The documents for the practical semester of your degree programme are available for download below. Here you will find the guidelines for the report, the training plan, sample cover sheet for the report, etc.

Bachelor programmes

Applied Engineering Sciences

Business Administration

       For students who start their studies before winter semester 2017/18:

       For students starting their studies from winter semester 2017/18:

Biomedical Engineering

Industrial Biotechnology

Multimedia and Communication

Departmental Journalism

Business Informatics

Industrial Engineering

Visualization and Interaction in Digital Media


Practice officer

Contact details can be found under "Staff" for the respective degree programme.

Student finance

"Study now - pay later": Information on the Bavarian tuition fee loan can be found in the flyer (German) or on the website of the Bavarian State Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts.

Here you can find the current student loan test:

Information on BAföG can be obtained from the Studentenwerk Erlangen-Nürnberg.

Further financing possibilities:

An overview of scholarships can be found on the page of the General Student Advisory Service.

Monetos is an independent portal with information on various products from the European financial sector. On Finanzcheck you can compare credit offers from various providers.

Bildungsfonds is a bank-independent interest-free promotion. After graduation, a fixed portion of the gross income is paid into the fund.

The Education loan is aimed at German students who have passed the intermediate examination, Master's students and interns under 36 years of age.

The Promotion scholarship is aimed at students who have already successfully completed an apprenticeship (average grade 1.9) and can prove two years of professional experience.

Scholarship Plus: Support for gifted students for above-average, committed and motivated students.

On the platform you can find the right financing for your studies and abroad from over 1240 scholarship offers.

The Darlehenskasse der Bayerischen Studentenwerke offers low-interest loans for students in need.

The festo education fund is aimed at technical and engineering students.

As a company, Deutsche Bildung supports students of all disciplines with tailor-made financing and a range of online services and events.

The BAFÖG bank loan supports students under 30 years of age following the completion of the standard period of study or when extending their studies.

On you can find comprehensive information about all aspects of student financing.

Find out more from your bank about financing offers!

Information on financing a stay abroad can be found under Outgoing.


Study and internship abroad
Study abroad

A study visit or a work-related internship abroad is now part of the requirement profile for most management positions. Intercultural competences and language skills that can be used in negotiations are best acquired during a longer stay abroad. In addition to English, a second foreign language is becoming increasingly important for a future professional career.
According to a study by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), employers today place greater value on experience abroad than on a short period of study. Ansbach University of Applied Sciences therefore advises students to take advantage of the opportunities that are already offered during their studies, whether as a study semester at a partner university or as a study-related internship with an international company.
A study semester or year abroad not only broadens the subject horizon with an international component, but also consolidates and expands foreign language skills and contributes to the acquisition of intercultural competences. Last but not least, this serves to improve career prospects. The recognition of examinations taken abroad for studies at home prevents unnecessary extensions of the duration of studies.
Further information on studying abroad and internships abroad can be found on the pages of the International Office.

Study abroad as a "Free Mover”

In principle, students can complete a guest semester at any foreign university of their choice. However, you should inform yourself in advance about the costs involved and discuss with the lecturers at your home university how the semester abroad will be recognised.

Country information and a database for searching for a suitable host university are best found at .

In addition, numerous agencies offer services to arrange study places at foreign universities.

Study abroad at a partner university

Studying at a partner university has the advantage of a simplified application procedure; the International Office has fixed contacts and the tuition fees are clearly established in advance and are often even reduced for students from Ansbach.

Studying as part of the ERASMUS+ programme of the European Commission also has the advantage that no fees are charged at all at the partner universities and that students at Ansbach University receive a mobility grant.

Planning your study stay abroad

It is advisable to think about preparing for a semester abroad at the beginning of your studies. However, you should come to the International Office for advice at least one year before your planned stay. The International Office also regularly offers country- and programme-specific information events, which are open to all interested parties and can be helpful when deciding on a host university. The dates can be found in the "News" section.

Financing the stay abroad

Depending on the type of study project, it may be possible to apply for grants for travel and living expenses. The current invitations to apply for funds can be found under "News" on the homepage of the International Office. In addition, it is possible to apply for a student loan abroad or to take out an educational loan. Basically, the additional costs of a semester abroad cannot usually be covered by state subsidies. It is therefore advisable to think about financing well in advance.

Internship abroad

In general, students have to arrange internships abroad themselves. The International Office cannot offer any individual support in finding a place but can only help with financing the internship.

The ERASMUS+ programme supports internships at host institutions (companies) in other European countries*. This enables students to gain practical experience and at the same time acquire foreign language and intercultural skills.

Working stays of between 2 and 12 months can be supported, regardless of whether it is a compulsory practical semester or a voluntary internship.

There are also various funding opportunities for internships outside Europe.

*Excluded are EU institutions and organisations managing EU programmes.
Summer Schools

Travel abroad in the summer and do something for your studies at the same time? A Summer School make this possible! Summer Schools are usually two- to four-week educational stays at a foreign university or college and take place during the semester break. A Summer School offers subject-specific or interdisciplinary courses and/or language courses. The courses are held in the national language or in English and therefore enable students to improve their language skills. A cultural programme with excursions and sightseeing is usually also offered, enabling students to get to know the country and its culture. Some universities in Germany also offer the opportunity to participate in an international summer school. The teaching language is mostly English. The best way to find the right summer school is to visit the websites of the individual universities. Important:  A course fee is usually charged for attending a Summer School.

You can apply for PROMOS funding at our partner universities. Information about PROMOS can be found under Outgoing and Scholarships/ Funding.


Scholarships and grants for study stays abroad can be applied for via the following institutions or programmes (ATTENTION: all grant applications must be submitted before the start of the stay abroad!)

 Language preparation

Jobline LMU – Job application training in English

Jobline LMU is the English-language job application training programme of Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, Munich, Germany

Jobline LMU is for students and school-leavers who would like to do an internship abroad and for graduates who have just finished their studies and want to find a job or a graduate trainee programme in the English-speaking world - or at a company in Germany with an English-language corporate culture. Jobline LMU also provides teachers with extensive teaching materials for English job applications.

Jobline LMU is free of charge!
The range of languages offered by the Virtual University of Bavaria (vhb).

The vhb offers more than 30 courses in the following languages free of charge for the students of its member universities: English, French, Italian, Russian, Swedish, Spanish, Czech.

More information can be found here

Recognition of academic achievements

The application for recognition of study achievements abroad should be submitted in the semester following your return.

Further information can be found under All about Examinations.

It is advisable to clarify in advance before each study stay at an international university, which courses can be recognised as part of your studies at Ansbach University of Applied Sciences!

The Learning Agreement for Freemovers provided by the International Office can be used for this purpose. Students who are supported by the programmes ERASMUS+ or PROMOS have to fill in the Learning Agreement which belongs to the support line.

A presentation with all information about financing study stays and the necessary steps for the semester abroad can be found »HERE (German)«.

Virtual University Bavaria

The Virtual University of Bavaria (vhb) is a network of Bavarian universities. It offers online courses developed by lecturers at host universities as a supplement to attendance studies. It offers online courses as well as shorter online learning units. Ansbach University of Applied Sciences is one of the vhb's member universities.

As a student of our university, you can use the tutorial-supported online courses of the vhb free of charge. At you will find detailed information. The course programme provides detailed descriptions and demo versions of all courses. For information on the crediting of credits earned in vhb courses, please contact the responsible examination office in good time.

Under OPEN vhb you will find shorter, open courses at university level that may be of interest to you and the general public. Here you will also find preparatory and accompanying courses. These courses are not designed to be credited to your studies. The OPEN vhb course overview can be found at

As lecturers, vhb not only supports you in the development and implementation of cross-university online courses, but also in the integration of existing digital courses into your teaching. In a repository you will find online learning units of 45 minutes each for blended learning, which can be flexibly integrated into classroom teaching. You can also contribute to the repository yourself and set up blended learning units. Further information can be found at

If you have any questions regarding the crediting of exams, please contact your study programme advisor.

Courses / Modules


All modules available at Ansbach University are documented in the online course catalogue next to the courses.

Modules are completed with regard to time and content, provided with credit points, verifiable teaching units (APO).


All courses at Ansbach University are documented in the online course catalogue (myStundenplan PRIMUSS).

Module manuals for download

You will find it below short profiles of the respective degree programmes.

Legal bases

Students at Bavarian universities of applied sciences are subject to cross-university legal bases such as the Bavarian Higher Education Act (BayHSchG) external link) and the Framework Examination Regulations for Universities of Applied Sciences (RaPO (external link).

The university's statutes, such as the General Examination Regulations (APO) and the study and examination regulations for the individual degree programmes, can be found under Official Publications of the University.The provisions of the Maternity Protection Act (MuSchG) also apply to female students during pregnancy, after childbirth and during the breastfeeding period, if the university stipulates the place, time and course of the educational event or if female students are required to complete a mandatory internship as part of their university education (§§ 1 Para. 2 Sentence 2 No. 8, 2 Para. 1 Sentence 2 No. 8 MuSchG).

Further information can be found in the section, Pregnant students.


You will find contact persons for the Student Services under Persons for the respective degree programme.

Stefanie Frieß – Mitarbeiterin Bereich  Studierendenservice (AIW/WIG)

Stefanie Frieß

Mitarbeiterin Bereich Studierendenservice (AIW/WIG)

0981 4877-144 54.1.10 nach Vereinbarung vCard

Stefanie Frieß

Stefanie Frieß – Mitarbeiterin Bereich  Studierendenservice (AIW/WIG)

Mitarbeiterin Bereich Studierendenservice (AIW/WIG)


  • Mitarbeiterin Bereich Studierendenservice

Betreute Studiengänge:

  • Angewandte Ingenieurwissenschaften
  • Nachhaltige Ingenieurwissenschaften
  • Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen
Monika Guderian – Leiterin Bereich Studierendenservice

Monika Guderian

Leiterin Bereich Studierendenservice

0981 4877-149 54.1.8 nach Vereinbarung vCard

Monika Guderian

Monika Guderian – Leiterin Bereich Studierendenservice

Leiterin Bereich Studierendenservice


  • Leiterin Bereich Studierendenservice
Niklas Kronberger – Mitarbeiter Bereich  Studierendenservice (MUK/VIS)

Niklas Kronberger

Mitarbeiter Bereich Studierendenservice (MUK/VIS)

0981 4877-152 54.1.12 nach Vereinbarung vCard

Niklas Kronberger

Niklas Kronberger – Mitarbeiter Bereich  Studierendenservice (MUK/VIS)

Mitarbeiter Bereich Studierendenservice (MUK/VIS)


  • Mitarbeiter Bereich Studierendenservice

Betreute Studiengänge:

  • Multimedia und Kommunikation
  • Visualisierung und Interaktion in digitalen Medien
Sophia Merz – Mitarbeiterin Bereich  Studierendenservice (RJO/WIF)

Sophia Merz

Mitarbeiterin Bereich Studierendenservice (RJO/WIF)

0981 4877-576 54.1.12 nach Vereinbarung vCard

Sophia Merz

Sophia Merz – Mitarbeiterin Bereich  Studierendenservice (RJO/WIF)

Mitarbeiterin Bereich Studierendenservice (RJO/WIF)


  • Mitarbeiterin Bereich Studierendenservice

Betreute Studiengänge:

  • Ressortjournalismus
  • Wirtschaftsinformatik
Katharina Paetzold-Dave – Mitarbeiterin Bereich  Studierendenservice (BIM)

Katharina Paetzold-Dave

Mitarbeiterin Bereich Studierendenservice (BIM)

0981 4877-146 54.1.7 nach Vereinbarung vCard

Katharina Paetzold-Dave

Katharina Paetzold-Dave – Mitarbeiterin Bereich  Studierendenservice (BIM)

Mitarbeiterin Bereich Studierendenservice (BIM)


  • Mitarbeiterin Bereich Studierendenservice

Betreute Studiengänge:

  •  Internationales Management (Spitzensportler)
Jessica Rau – Stellvertretende Leiterin Bereich  Studierendenservice

Jessica Rau

Stellvertretende Leiterin Bereich Studierendenservice

0981 4877-570 54.1.9 nach Vereinbarung vCard

Jessica Rau

Jessica Rau – Stellvertretende Leiterin Bereich  Studierendenservice

Stellvertretende Leiterin Bereich Studierendenservice


  • Stellvertretende Leiterin Bereich Studierendenservice
  • PRIMUSS-Support des Studierendenservice
Anja Traube – Mitarbeiterin Bereich  Studierendenservice (DIS)

Anja Traube

Mitarbeiterin Bereich Studierendenservice (DIS)

0981 4877-140 54.1.7 Mittwoch - Freitag vormittags vCard

Anja Traube

Anja Traube – Mitarbeiterin Bereich  Studierendenservice (DIS)

Mitarbeiterin Bereich Studierendenservice (DIS)


  • Mitarbeiterin Bereich Studierendenservice

Betreute Studiengänge:

  • Datenschutz und IT-Sicherheit
Sandra Wahl – Mitarbeiterin Bereich  Studierendenservice (AWM, BW)

Sandra Wahl

Mitarbeiterin Bereich Studierendenservice (AWM, BW)

0981 4877-515 54.1.14 nach Vereinbarung vCard

Sandra Wahl

Sandra Wahl – Mitarbeiterin Bereich  Studierendenservice (AWM, BW)

Mitarbeiterin Bereich Studierendenservice (AWM, BW)


  • Mitarbeiterin Bereich Studierendenservice

Betreute Studiengänge:

  • Angewandte Wirtschafts- und Medienpsychologie
  • Betriebswirtschaft
Cornelia Zapf – Mitarbeiterin Bereich  Studierendenservice (BT, IBT)

Cornelia Zapf

Mitarbeiterin Bereich Studierendenservice (BT, IBT)

0981 4877-572 54.1.10 nach Vereinbarung vCard

Cornelia Zapf

Cornelia Zapf – Mitarbeiterin Bereich  Studierendenservice (BT, IBT)

Mitarbeiterin Bereich Studierendenservice (BT, IBT)


  • Mitarbeiterin Bereich Studierendenservice

Betreute Studiengänge:

  • Biomedizinische Technik
  • Industrielle Biotechnologie