. .
Previous Month
February 2019
Next Month
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
5 28 29 30 31 1 2 3
6 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
7 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
8 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
9 25 26 27 28 1 2 3

Visa Requirements and Work Regulations in Germany

Information on visa and entry requirements for international students in Germany can be found on the web pages of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).

EU citizens do not need a visa to visit, live or work in Germany. They only have to register at the local German registration office (Einwohnermeldeamt).

The "Information on the Statutory Frameworks applicable to Entry and Residence by Foreign Students, Academics and Scientists" leaflet also provides extensive information.

Leaflet Information on Legal Requirements for
the Entry and Residence
of Foreign Students, Academics and Scientists

Here you can also find the legal regulations for students and graduates who want to work in Germany during and after their studies.

Leaflet Legal requirements for employment

Citizens of the countries of the European Union (EU) or of the European Economic Area (EEA) are on equal terms with Germans regarding a work permit.

International students from other countries are permitted to work 120 full days or 240 half days a year.  

As a general rule for all students (German students too) there is a maximum of 20 working hours per week allowed.

If you have questions or are in doubt, please contact the International Office or the local Aliens Department.